Press Release 09/7/23
Three Expo Events
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
420 Expo to Host Free Expungement Clinics September 29–October 1
NJ’s Premier BYOC (Cannabis) Consumer Event Making Major Strides Towards Social Justice
Edison, NJ, September 7, 2023 – As New Jersey’s first and largest BYOC (Bring Your Own Cannabis) consumer convention, 420 Expo was founded as a stigma-free celebration of the legal cannabis lifestyle. This year, the event is taking its commitment to social justice for the cannabis community to the next level by presenting free Expungement Clinics for attendees.
Open to members of the public aged 21 and over, 420 Expo will take place September 29 through October 1 at the New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center in Edison, NJ. Tickets and details about the event, which will be guest-hosted by the legendary Cheech Marin and sponsored by Wakit Grinders (https://www.wakitgrinders.com), are available at 420Expo.com.
The Expungement Clinics at 420 Expo will be conducted by legal experts such as Andrew Cooper, Esq., LL.M. – Chair, Cannabis & Psychedelics Practice Group at Falcon Rappaport & Berkman LLP. Cooper shares how important this free information is for supporting social justice: “People with cannabis convictions often find it impossible to find jobs, housing, or college loans. They often lose their right to vote and the ability to receive public assistance. Many employers won’t hire anyone with a drug conviction or have policies requiring immediate termination if a past drug arrest is discovered – with or without a conviction. The issue is even more profound when you consider that a significant majority of those arrested for cannabis have been simple possession charges.”
Cooper adds a critical insight, “The so-called war on drugs has been particularly hard on minority and low-income communities, and although studies show white, brown, and black people use cannabis equally, black and brown people were nearly four times as likely to be arrested for cannabis violations. Despite laws designed to assist these communities, the individuals affected most are also least able to benefit due to a lack of access to information and support. The Expungement Clinics at 420 Expo are intended to provide meaningful access to information otherwise sorely lacking in society.”
Additional attorneys from the region will also be taking part in the clinics as well as offering legal advice during the event, including Michael Hoffman, John Williams, Tara Hopper, and others who are donating their time to this effort.
“We are thrilled to bring this type of necessary social support to our three-day cannabis celebration,” said Dan Davis, co-founder of 420 Expo. “In addition to bringing together live entertainment, celebrity appearances, cool vendors, educational seminars, and a huge BYOC outdoor smoking section with food trucks, our Expungement Clinics will provide access to legitimate support that can help people take advantage of their legal rights and make huge steps in achieving their social justice.”
Guest host Cheech Marin, who himself has his own cannabis line Cheech’s Stash, has long been pushing for social equity for cannabis users. “Now that recreational cannabis is finally legal in many states and making other strides toward acceptance, it’s so important to fight against social injustices. The existence of 420 Expo is a huge step in the right direction. I can’t wait to be there to celebrate with fellow cannabis enthusiasts.”
In addition to free Expungement Clinics, 420 Expo’s three-day BYOC canna-fest will include:
- VIP Meet & Greets with the legendary Cheech Marin, Friday and Saturday
- Guest appearances by other cannabis-related celebrities, including David Faustino (“Married with Children”), Jason Gann (“Wilfred”), Jason London (Dazed and Confused), Jeremy London (Mallrats, “7th Heaven”), Nicholas Turturro (“NYPD Blue,” The Longest Yard, I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry), Rachel True (Half Baked, The Craft), Shawna Waldron (Little Giants, The American President, “Ladies Man”), Keith Coogan (Don’t Tell Mom The Babysitter’s Dead, Toy Soldiers, Adventures in Babysitting), professional wrestling legends The Sandman and Blue Meanie, activist and champion racecar driver, Randy Lanier, and Troma Films characters “The Toxic Avenger” and “Sgt. Kabukiman,” among others
- 420 Expo’s Entertainment Stage featuring live performances, interactive events, and more – plus live music and DJs throughout the event
- Over 100 vendors from the cannabis world and beyond (no on-site THC sales)
- 20+ seminars and panels appealing to both casual and experienced cannabis enthusiasts
- Outdoor BYOC smoking section with plenty of food trucks, music, and games
- Glass blowing, axe throwing, iconic cars from movies, product demonstrations, gaming areas, and more
- Rolling Contest and other games and competitions
- Extreme people watching!
“Last year’s inaugural 420 Expo brought together 17,000 cannabis fans, and this year we expect the party to draw almost 20,000 people,” said J. Handy, co-founder of 420 Expo. “That gives us a huge opportunity to actively support social just initiatives through our free Engagement Clinics – all while celebrating the huge strides made in cannabis legalization.”
420 Expo will be open to the public:
- Friday, September 29, 5pm – 11pm (ribbon cutting by Cheech Marin)
- Saturday, September 30, 12pm – 9pm
- Sunday, October 1, 12pm – 6pm
To learn more about the performance lineup and to buy advance tickets to this 21+ event, visit 420Expo.com. (THC products will not be sold at 420 Expo, however attendees may bring the legal limit for personal use specified by the state of NJ.)
For general information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For media inquiries, please get in touch with email@example.com.
# # #